Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Infected jpeg files?

From: "Oliver Petruzel" <opetruzel () cox rr com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 01:23:54 -0500

Perhaps an intereting file type to consider would be .bmp considering
the default viewer within windows is MS Paint.  I've never looked at
Paint that closely, but knowing who and what we're used to, it's quite
possible.  As mentioned, it all depends on the viewer.  And if anything
is suspect, my first look would be with default viewers in MS.  Time to
imbed and play... Results or lack thereof to follow.

oliver