Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: weird Windows 2000/XP bug

From: Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh () pop jaring my>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 14:47:03 +0800

At 01:05 PM 30-10-2001 -0800, Chris Carey wrote:
Nimda and CodeRed created huge security holes on the infected machines. This
is far worse a payload than having a server reboot.

Crashing a server is silly. If you propogated n times then crashed the
server, you would lose the exponential spreading effect. Right?

Yep. I'm looking for a way to get Nimda infected machines to shutdown/crash.

Preferably directly as a result of their HTTP request, not after their HTTP
request. e.g. buffer overflow the worm code or something. Coz I don't want
to make requests to the infected machines.

Cheerio,
Link.