Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Serv-U 2.5i DoS

From: John <johns () TAMPABAY RR COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:46:40 -0500

Hello Steven,
  You are right about this being a bug. It is caused by
the redraw list control in the UI. Well, I think this is
why it is caused, but I do not have this ftpd. When the
UI uses the list control it takes up all available cpu
cycles that it can at one time, so when a machine has allot
of packets towards services that use list control, it will
use allot of cpu cycles to use the list control. I hope this helps :)

Steven Bates wrote:

Well, that's the point. I think it might be some sloppy coding in the window,
yea...I am not to sure what exactly causes this behaviour, that's why I sent
the mail just to vuln-dev and not to bugtraq.

--
The events which transpired five thousand years ago;
Five years ago or five minutes ago, have determined

- Dr John Henrik Clake -

--
The events which transpired five thousand years ago;
Five years ago or five minutes ago, have determined
what will happen five minutes from now; five years
From now or five thousand years from now.