Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Mail bug

From: Gossi The Dog <gossi () owned lab6 com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 12:47:39 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Devdas Bhagat wrote:

On Sun, 03 Jun 2001, Gossi The Dog spewed into the ether:
I've discovered slightly odd behavour from /usr/bin/Mail on my Redhat 6.2
box.  I don't really have the time to fiddle with this, so I'm hoping you
guys can provide feedback as to if this is reproducable on other systems.
Is this the same bug that was discussed on Bugtraq sometime in
August 2000?
This looks familiar, exploitable and fixed.

Not as far as I know - that was to do with overflowing Mail at the command
prompt.