Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: INFO

From: Vitaly McLain <twistah () DATASURGE NET>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 01:19:58 -0600

Are you looking for programs, general information on TCP/ICMP/UDP, or
programming-related stuff?

As far as packet-crafting programs go, check out Nemesis
(http://www.packetninja.net/nemesis/). It can craft many different packets.
Also, look into HPING2 and SING (though I don't think they support as many
packet types as Nemesis does.)

If you are looking at the programming aspect of things, look into Libnet
(http://www.packetfactory.net/Projects/Libnet/). Libnet provides an API for
the construction of packets, to be used in your programs.

If you are looking for texts, I don't know of any off hand. I do know of
some excellent books, though, but I don't think that's what you asked for.

Vitaly McLain
twistah () datasurge net
twistah @ OPN & EfNet
"If you don't turn on to politics, politics will turn on you."
       - Ralph Nader