Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Vlans

From: "Timothy L. Salus" <tsalus () cboss com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 19:32:41 -0500

I would like to explain why I asked this question.

As for those who made commentss about a switch being cheaper then the time
it takes to read all the email you must understand I am a contractor and I
must give  my client all the information I can.

As for the question about the switches:

This question came up becuase I have always designed and active active
network with the standard 4 square switch setup. My client hass a network
design person here who has argued the point about using one switch compared
to two switches or in an active active design using 2 switches comapred to
4 switches.

I agree with what all of you are saying but I needed to supply information
from other sources to my client.

Since there has been no proven exploit my client has to make the choose not
me.

Please refrain from personal comments. This is not my design I am just
tring to logically refute the current design.

Sincerely

Timothy L. Salus