Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Overflow getpeername

From: John <johns () TAMPABAY RR COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 16:15:09 -0500

Hi I was wondering if getpeername could be overflowed in some cases?
A good friend of myne told me that the kernel rejects addresses that're
longer than a standard IPv4 address. Is this true? I thought I saw some
overflows that took advantage of getpeername and I have read some
secure programming papers a while back on the subject but, I can not
recall them. I thought this would be easier as a first step rather then
going
back through papers and RFC. Thanks in advance.