Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: buffer overflow - fundamentals

From: honoriak <EGC () ARGEN NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 20:35:22 +0100

visi0n wrote:

        This is a heap overflow, look for traceroute advisory.

it's a buffer overflow. not heap i think; in the source code i can see char
buff[2]; and not malloc() or new *char[2].. if it was c++.
a lot of good texts about buffer overflows and format bugs you can see at:

http://julianor.tripod.com by juliano rizzo from core SDI.

            -honoriak

visi0n
AUX Technologies