Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: CR II - winME? confirmation? (Slightly OT)

From: Gregory_DeGennaro () csaa com
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:42:23 -0700

Greg

LOL ...

I believe most of the 1000+ blocked scans a day that come across my firewall
have the same user or system administrator mentality.  I did three OS scans
with nmap against three violators and all of them turn up to be W2K running
IIS on my cable network.  I wanted to see who was not being responsible ...
:-)

Greg