Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: tornkit

From: Talisker <Talisker () NETWORKINTRUSION CO UK>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:17:40 +0100

t0rn seems to be the topic of the week, apologies to anyone who saw me post
this on incidents, but I thought the thread here warranted it.

I have recently been advised of this tool
chkrootkit
which looks for evidence on your hosts for rootkits having been installed.
I haven't used it myself so I can't vouch for it's effectiveness.
For want of a better place I have put it with file integrity checkers
I have info on it at http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/integrity/

If anyone has used it I'd love to hear their opinions

Take Care
Andy

http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/ The IDS List
                    '''
                 (0 0)
  | The geek shall        |
  |  Inherit the earth     |
               |__|__|
                  || ||
              ooO Ooo

The opinions contained within this transmission are entirely my own, and do
not necessarily reflect those of my employer.