Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: WebWasher

From: Joe <joe () blarg net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:43:23 -0700

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Hostie Stephan wrote:

I am using Webwasher for a while, and I found in the latest version (2.2) a
problem :
I disabled "use as a server" in the WebWasher configuration. But everytime I
start it, ZoneAlarm is asking if WebWasher should be allowed to work as a
Server.
What's wrong?

Just a wild guess but maybe because no matter how you slice it the program
is still a proxy server. With "use as a server" unset it's just no longer
accepting connections from anything but localhost.

--
Joe                                     Technical Support
General Support:  support () blarg net     Blarg! Online Services, Inc.