Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: WebWasher

From: Soeren Mueller <soeren.mueller () WEBWASHER COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:05:47 -0000

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Hostie Stephan wrote:

I am using Webwasher for a while, and I found in
the latest version (2.2) a
problem :
I disabled "use as a server" in the WebWasher
configuration. But everytime I
start it, ZoneAlarm is asking if WebWasher
should be allowed to work as a
Server.
What's wrong?

Just a wild guess but maybe because no matter
how you slice it the program
is still a proxy server. With "use as a server" unset
it's just no longer
accepting connections from anything but localhost.

That's absolutely correct. However we'll add options
the server panel in future versions of WebWasher to
allow the user to configure which computers (via
hostname or ip) are able to connect to WebWasher
and use it as a proxy server. Also we'll add a warning
message when the user wants to enable the "Server"
checkbox. (the warning message will have to be
committed by clicking a button to enable the proxy
functionality)
We're hoping that this is the right way to go.

Best regards,
-Sören Müller

Vice President/Chief System Architect
webwasher.com AG