Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Kill the DOG and win 100 000 DM

From: Jay Tribick <jay.tribick () CARRIER1 NET>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 09:43:53 +0000

Hi,

today i´ve spoke with a people from thsis company because i want to get a
trial version of this produkt.
He told me, that it isn´t easy to get this produkt and they want to send a
technical people to me who
install this programm. I´ve wondered that they do this on this way.

Pitbull is a complicated product to both understand and configure
correctly - the product isn't cheap, and the ramifications of
misconfiguring such a system could mean that you're entire
investment is nullified just by a simple mistake.

Of course, it's just an evaluation at the first stage but
the whole idea of the evaluation is to make you confident at
using such a system, show you what using a TOS entails, and
to make that evaluation box mimic a live system so that you
can see the advantages of having it on your boxes.

If you're serious about deploying such a system in your
network then you need to invest the time and the intent to
follow through with that decision - they'll probably put
one of their engineers on-site for a couple of days to
walk you through the install and show you the basics
of the system.. that's a considerable investment from
them before you've even bought anything.

If you want a cheap (read: free) way of trying it out, go to
the www.argusrevolution.com site and download the ISO of the
Pitbull Foundation CD (and the docs.. you'll need them ;) for
installation on a Solaris SPARC/i386 box and play with it
from there.

Have fun (:

--
Regards,