Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Kill the DOG and win 100 000 DM

From: Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh () POP JARING MY>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:25:17 +0800

At 12:50 PM 14-11-2000 -0600, Jeffrey W. Thompson wrote:
Link,

ranger as specified by the network rules.  So if the network rules only
allowed
one label into port 23, then spoofing a label would buy you nothing.
Otherwise,
it can be useful.  This is why we disabled labels over the wire.  We also
recommend to our customers that they do not use this feature unless they
trust
their network (either implicitly or via some VPNish type things).

Did that make sense?

Yep, thanks.

Sounds like if there are bugs or config mishaps it would be a more
interesting challenge than the usual run of the mill stuff. :)

Cheerio,
Link.