Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

reverse engineer c or java

From: kj () INDIFFERENCE ORG (kj)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 23:15:28 -0700

Hey KJ. I don't know if this sounds stupid or not, but this is
basically what I want to know.
Matthew

Is there any difference in difficulty between reverse engineering
an executable file or a Java Class. If the C or Java program is
written with security in mind by an experienced programmer, how
long would it take to reverse engineer each version of a fairly
simple application?

The desired effect is to have a program that a client downloads off
the internet, and Matthew wants to know if it should be written in
c or java. Though, I take it both can be reversed engineered by
talented programmers; but I guess he wants to know which would be
harder or more complex to "hack".

I am not too sure, thus I am passing it on to you gurus.

K.J.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will take you down to his level, and
beat you with experience."