Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: WSCRIPT.EXE , CSCRIPT.EXE replacement for *.vbs

From: 11a () GMX NET (Bluefish)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 04:30:28 +0200

   1.  Prevent users from running VBScript and other executable
       programs that come in as Email attachments.

This is most certainly only because they see me hint that they should do
something like that in vuln-dev, law-suits etc certainly got nothing to do
with it. Maybe I should ask Microsoft to employ me ;)

(sorry for joking, tired... well a much needed change, I would say)

   2.  Prevent programs from automatically scanning the Outlook
       address book for Email addresses.

Anyone more than me wondering how that's implementable upon the W9x
architecture? 'Prevent' is probably a bold word for 'Make it slightly
harder to'.

     http://www.11a.nu || http://bluefish.11a.nu
    eleventh alliance development & security team