Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: WSCRIPT.EXE , CSCRIPT.EXE replacement for *.vbs

From: kb8rln () PENGUINMASTER COM (Richard Rager)
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 11:55:00 -0600

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Maxime Rousseau wrote:

This argument makes no sense at all, if your scripting hosts are
trojanted i think you have problems FAR more serious then having your
.vbs always authenticates. Its pointless to assume protection where your
trusted base is no longer trustable.

  First I am depending of a good IT staff.  (I know this is alot to ask
for).  The programs that can run will be the ones with a their key on the
on the PKI server.  If some one email a script or doc to you it will not
run. This will include all OLE stuff too.

  I am not sure how the scripting hosts are going to get trojanted.  You
should have a PKI server just for internal users that can not get to the
internet.

 Michael E. Harmer wrote the best discussion yet.  Please read my
responds.

Enjoy,

Richard