Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Norton Internet Security 2000

From: jonathan () SKYCABLENET COM (Jon Alabot)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 08:14:26 +0800

As a Cable Internet Service Provider, we have been evaluating Norton
Internet Security 2000 for firewall purposes. Part of our work is to
check our subscribers cable modem by pinging their IP add when
troubleshooting. Obviously since NIS 2000 is used, we get "Request timed
out" when we ping the test PC.

Is there a setting in NIS2000 that can enable us to check the status of
the cable modem w/out calling the subscribers over the phone to disable
NIS2000 Security feature?

Jonathan Alabot
Internet Support Analyst

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>text/x-vcard attachment: Card for Jon Alabot
</UL>