Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Blind Remote Buffer Overflow

From: buanzox () USA NET (Arturo Busleiman)
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 00:31:20 -0300

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, Matthew R. Potter wrote:

I'm not talking with a shell ;) I'm talking about telling the diffrence
between say, netbsd on
sparx,x86, and alpha platforms. when you dont have shell. and to make it
harder.. lets say telnet dosent display that nice littel banner:
*BSD(sparc)
I guess I should have made my question clearer. I'm aware of how
fingerprinting tcp/ip/ works, etc..
well, now I perfectly understand your question.
I can't tell you, but I imagine that the tcp/ip fingerprint for, let's
say, freebsd for sparc DOES SURELY have differences between it's x86
counterpart... I imagine :)

*> Get PGP KEY: use pgpk -a hkp://horowitz.surfnet.nl/buanzox () usa net
*> Lista social de mail. Envia e-mail en blanco a lsb-subscribe () egroups com
*> Panic? My kernel doesn't panic! We are doomed! DustDustDust!!!!