Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Blind Remote Buffer Overflow

From: marc () EEYE COM (Marc)
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 17:36:40 -0700

Since you mentioned eEye...

The beta that is on our website does not "scan for unknown exploits." So
wait till after May 15th and then give Retina a try it WILL have CHAM
(Common Hacking Attack Method) modules.

Retina 1.0 will be able to find the overflows and Retina 1.2 or 1.5 should
be able to find the exact overflow length. We also have plans for shell code
inserti er well I cant get into the rest of it. ;-]

Signed,
Marc
eEye Digital Security
http://www.eEye.com

P.S.
If anyone is going to networld+interop be sure to check out eEye/eCompany's
booth.
How will you find us you ask? We will be the "non-heard of sheep sporting
polo shirts and khakis" We will have black t-shirts on that poke fun at the
NSA, dyed hair and tequila. :-] hmm interesting... NSA was not in the
default dictionary for MS's spell checker.