Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Keyboard recording

From: 11a () GMX NET (Bluefish)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 19:26:53 +0200

Anyone concider that as soon as rumors of this tool was in use (and sooner
and later this will be public knowledge of tools like this) the attackers
will begin by looking for the tool, retrieve it, and then install it on
some computer where *the attacker* wants to know what's going on...

I've been following a thread about KeyGhost on another list, and the general
consensus there is that although it may work fine, the legal aspect of it is
questionable.  IANAL, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some sort of
regulation of devices (at least in the US - YMMV).

     http://www.11a.nu || http://bluefish.11a.nu
    eleventh alliance development & security team