Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: BitchX /ignore bug

From: bangel () ELITE NET (Keith Simonsen)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 15:18:50 -0700

Hi,

Those are front slashes, but backslashes work:

 Channel #\xff\xff\xff/bin/sh was created at Thu Jul  6 14:56:29 2000

In the ircd_defs.h file included with efnet ircd source the max channel
length is 200 bytes (#define CHANNELLEN      200)

hmm I also noticed the ban length is 1024... thats a lot of room, and is
passed to the client when joining a channel. I also tried setting bans
with %s and other formatting characters, it works...

Anyone want to check the BitchX code for how it parses bans when the
client joins the channel?

Keith Simonsen
Elite Networking