Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: wwwboard my help reveal user name and password

From: spepper () WLU CA (Shelagh Pepper)
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:23:39 -0400

Work around is to deny access to passwd.txt files
Apache specific directive is:

<Files passwd.txt>
     Order allow,deny
     Deny from all
</Files>

I would put a .htaccess file in wwwboards similar to the following:

<Files *.txt>
     Order allow,deny
     Deny from all
</Files>
ErrorDocument 403 /Lame_excuses/not_found.html

Shelagh