Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

xinetd vs tcpserver (Was: .: 14x :: Generic Vuln - Many Vendors & Operating Systems :.)

From: Jamie Fifield <fifield () GHOST NSLUG NS CA>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:37:35 -0300

Why?

Everyone seems to say that tcpserver is better than xinetd.  But looking
over it's functionality, xinetd has everything and more than tcpserver, and
xinetd is under active development.

(btw, the URL is http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp/tcpserver.html)

I can understand, that when xinetd was first started, it had a number of
rough edges and tcpserver was better.  Is that still the case?  I am quite
happy with xinetd and to be honest, it alone can make a decent firewall.