Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Simple logging utility app

From: eparker () MINDSEC COM (Erik Parker)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:39:58 -0800

A little help with platform would have been terrific, But I guess since
libpcap has been ported to windows, it doesn't really matter for most of
this stuff. I will assume Unix, if you don't run unix, I can't help you.
Tcpdump can be set to look for certain things.. ngrep (network grep) can
also do the same. You can't log by "key stroke" with this, but you can log
by string, like the url they are going to, and then in strings get any
info they send to that site.

It would seem to me you are looking for something like amazon.com, waiting
for someone to enter their credit card info, which I guess this wouldn't
work for you, since you'd never see the string, as it would be encrypted.

They make linux and windows keystroke recorders, and if you had to, just
record everything. I probably don't type more than 20k a day while at
work.

I hate to say it, but you could find these utilities at packetstorm, but
I do not promote using their site, as they are a bunch of spammers since
securify took them over.

And if you are looking for windows NAI makes a program called Sniffer
Basic, which used to be known as NetXray. It is the best for windows based
sniffers, and loggers. Lots of goodies in it.

- A simple Network/logging utility app -
I am sure there is something like this floating around on the net.
I need a utility that can be placed on a compter, that can
wait for a user to reach a desired web site, and log their
every keystroke to a plain-text ASCII file for later retrivial.

Thank You

Scorpus Kahn
webmaster: www.mindscam.com

Erik Parker