Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Napster a little insecure?

From: paland () STETSON EDU (Patrick Robert Aland)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 08:37:34 -0500

With a court order could a comapny not confiscate your web logs to get the
IP address of every machine that has downloaded your freshly ripped
Christina Aguilera album sitting on your web server? This is old news and
we all just need to get over it. Napster logs an IP address, big deal,
every other server in the world does it too. Why should it be different?
You have no need to worry as long as your not doing something illegal.

If you don't like write your own product and don't log ip's.

--codemonky