Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: vulnerability database

From: jdyson () TECHREPORTS JPL NASA GOV (Jay D. Dyson)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:08:27 -0800

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Ben Valenti wrote:

I am in the process of creating a database of vulnerabilities/exploits.
I was wondering if anyone, who as attempted such a task, could give me
some description of their past experiences.  To start, advice/tips on
how to effectively structure the schema and where some good sources of
data for DB population can be found.  Also, are there any publically
available vuln./exp. DB's either provided by commercial businesses or
alternative sources?

        SecurityFocus has a very good listing on their website.  I
recommend that highly.  For my own part, my home-grown vuln/exploit
database contains the following fields: