Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: vulnerability database

From: dr () DURSEC COM (Dragos Ruiu)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:24:18 -0800

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Ben Valenti wrote:
... that he wants to reasearch vulnerability databases....

I would recommend looking at the following sites before charting the course for
your quest:

cve.mitre.org
whitehats.com
snort.rapidnet.com
securityfocus.com
www.ntbugtraq.com
www.securitywizards.com
www.l-3security.com
www.iss.net
www.esecurityonline.com
www.hiverworld.com
www.cybersafe.com
seclab.cs.ucdavis.edu
www.cert.org
www.cerias.purdue.edu
www.bindview.com
www.aql.fr
www.cyrano.com

and the classic... www.rootshell.com

...am I missing any other database compilations...?

(Do the NetRanger/cisco guys have a vuln db?)

cheers,
--dr

--
dursec.com / kyx.net - we're from the future                      http://www.dursec.com
learn kanga-foo from security experts: CanSecWest - April 19-21 Vancouver

Speakers: Ron Gula/NSW, Ken Williams/E&Y, Marty Roesch/Hiverworld, Fyodor/insecure.org,
          RainForestPuppy/wiretrip.net, Theo de Raadt/OpenBSD, Max Vision/whitehats.com