Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Naptha - New DoS

From: Carl-Johan Bostorp <ctor () KRIXOR XY ORG>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 17:38:34 +0100

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, White Vampire wrote:

Greetings,

[ Misc Info ]

      I find it rather odd that this has yet to be mentioned on
Bugtraq.

I don't. As the advisory itself says - the problem is ancient. Only new thing
seems to be someone finally sat down and did what everybody else thought of
(or had done but not released =)). More of a thing for security-incidents.

I've been using xinetd for ages to have protection from this type of attack.

~~~<*>~~~

Web: http://elemental.webservices.se/              ICQ: 3534707
PGP: 0xA6B5C43B                                 IRCnet: ctor

~~~<*>~~~