Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Denial of Service in Xitami webserver all versions up to v2.5b1 for Windows.

From: webmad () MAIL RU (Roman)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 22:04:04 +0200

Anyone can remotely crash Xitami webserver by sending simple GET
command. On remote side will be:

Assertion Failed!
Module: D:\Imatix\Develop\Smt\Smthttpl.c , line 745

All you need to do is just telnet to remote computer and execute

There is another DoS in Xitami. By default installation Xitami
allows anonymous users on ftp. So connect to remote computer as
anonymous user and execute cd con/con command.
-----------------------------

romanv () citycat ru

M> Tried to bring it down from a remote account which failed, got std http
M> error msg back.
M> Version Xitami 2.4d1 on Winx, set up for this one on http 8080, without
M> authorisation or ipmasks.

To crash Xitami you need to telnet to http port and type GET<leave space here>
then press Enter twice(i.e. "GET \n\n").

M> Are you sure it ain't because you used a beta version?
M> Or did you test some previous versions as well?

Yes I have tested this vulnerability on Xitami v2.5b1 and on previous one.
Xitami v2.5b1 the latest version I've found.

M> Is it in the console or the std. version?
M> Did you compile it yourself or did you get a precompiled version?

I got precompiled version from xitami website.

romanv () citycat ru