Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

icq accounts

From: omero () GARANTI NET TR (Ömer Özta)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 01:12:29 +0200

Hello everybody...

I have a question about icq and I think you'll have a word or two to say about it.

By now, I know that someone with the suitable software can enter  any unprotected icq account

and get the authorization to add their names to their contact list easily...

But I don't know if any hacker can do this on anyone's icq account :

In a white page search, allow only the off-line icq users to be displayed and

prevent the on-line icq users from being displayed at the end of the search......

Can a hacker do that kind of a thing?

Are there any web sites that give information about such issues?

Kind Regards.

<!-- body="end" -->
<HR>

<UL>
<LI><STRONG>Next message:</STRONG> Blue Boar: "Re: [Fwd: Netscape mail client error]"
<LI><STRONG>Previous message:</STRONG> Thomas Dullien: "Re: development of wordpad exploit"
<LI><STRONG>Next in thread:</STRONG> Zimmerman, Eric - CIS: "Re: icq accounts"
<LI><STRONG>Reply:</STRONG> Zimmerman, Eric - CIS: "Re: icq accounts"
</UL>
<HR>

<SMALL>