Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: development of wordpad exploit

From: lwcashd () BIW COM (Larry W. Cashdollar)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:11:58 -0500

I light of the latest windows vulnerability in wordpad, it would be great if
in this forum we could develop an exploit for it.  As of now details of the
vulnerability are on the net, however no exploit exists yet.  This would be an
excellent opportunity for all of us who don't really know how to code exploits
(yet) to see all the details of developing one.  Anyone else like this idea?!?

I would like to actually, I understand what a buffer overflow is how they work
and why they work.  But I have never coded one.  I know C and have dabbled in
assembly but am just shy of what I need to code my own exploit.  I have read
_every_ buffer-overflow paper out there and even worked on my own shell code.
(nah I didnt get it to work, probably messed up and address calulation).  I
personally think this would be the perfect forum for such a project.

- Larry W. Cashdollar