Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

ssh-1.2.27 remote buffer overflow - exploitable

From: foofc7ca () SOFTHOME NET (Frank)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 01:48:53 -0000

This is submitted to the Freebsd bug tracking system, although there are doubtless other vendors who leave this
package, despite the existence of the ssh-2.X.   While Debian appears to be immune, I was able to crash my ssh daemon
(much to my dismay), and there appears the potential to execute arbitrary code, as long as you encrypt it first...

Here is the freebsd report.. it describes the method to crash a remote Ssh daemon (lets hope you ran sshd from your
xinetd, etc).