tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Should the tcpdump tests be run with TZ=GMT0, or should the AFS printer print time stamps in UTC?

From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail <devel.fx.lebail () orange fr>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2018 09:41:10 +0200

On 04/08/2018 09:03, Guy Harris wrote:
On Aug 3, 2018, at 6:44 PM, Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca> wrote:

Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net> wrote:
Currently, the tcpdump tests for AFS fail if you're not in the time
zone where the .out files were generated, because AFS time stamps are
printed as local time rather than as UTC.

That's broken

Why broken ? it's just local time.

So we should just change it to use gmtime() rather than localtime().

I think an user prefer have the local time.