tcpdump mailing list archives

Metamako DLT Request

From: David Mirabito <davidm () metamako com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 11:36:45 +1000

[ Resending for a colleague who was not a subscriber and whose mail may
have bounced. Apologies in advance for any duplication ]

Hi,

We'd like to request a new DLT_ value for Metamako's packet capture trailer
that is generated by our MetaWatch network application.

      https://www.metamako.com/applications/metawatch-app.html

It is a variable length data trailer, appended immediately after an
original Ethernet Payload. It is backwards-compatible with DLT_EN10MB but
adds additional fields after the original frame payload until the
end-of-frame marker.

We were thinking something like this

    LINKTYPE_METAMAKO_TRAILER --> DLT_METAMAKO_TRAILER

Is there anything in particular that you require?

Thanks,
DavidM