tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: 4 small patches to libpcap

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 20:00:56 -0700

On Mar 27, 2018, at 3:54 AM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 11:09:03AM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
0004-Add-Wdocumentation-to-development-warnings.patch

Patch 4 is kind of "unclean" as it still generates warnings in the generated file
scanner.c on my system (current macos with current xcode).

Is that due to problems with what's in scanner.l or due to problems in the code that Flex generates?

If it's the latter, add "diagnostic ignored "-Wdiagnostic"" items to DIAG_OFF_FLEX for the compilers that support it.

There is no doxygen code in scanner.l.

Then it's presumably just Flex generating bad comments.

I followed your advice above and the attached patch fixes the problem.

Checked in, with a missing \ added. and with the comment updated.

I'm not seeing it with flex 2.6.0, which I have installed in /usr/local/bin, so maybe some later Flex version fixes the
problem.