tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Request for link-layer header type (XRA)

From: Bruno Verstuyft <bruno.verstuyft () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 15:34:08 +0100

Hi,

we updated the XRA header specification with more clarifications.

Best Regards,

Bruno

On Nov 16, 2017, at 1:21 AM, Bruno Verstuyft <bruno.verstuyft () gmail com>
wrote:

we put the specification of the XRA header online.

It mentions tcpdump in the page header and Wireshark in the page body; it
should probably just talk about pcap and pcapng, as the whole point of the
pcap and pcapng specifications, and the list of link-layer header type
specifications for pcap and pcapng, is to allow those file formats, and
packets with particular link-layer header types, to be read and written by
arbitrary software, developed by people who might never have read the
libpcap, tcpdump, or Wireshark source code.