tcpdump mailing list archives

openssl 1.1 changes required for tcpdump: what minimum openssl?

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 18:24:09 -0400

It looks like openssl has obsoleted the EVP_CIPHER_CTX type in 1.1.x.
While 1.1 isn't shipping widely yet, I'd rather be ready.
I have looked through openssl to see if we can replace it easily,
and if the replacement will work in 1.0.x and the 0.9.x versions still
seem to be out there.  The question is therefore:

  Can we set a minimum version of openssl in order to get decoding
  of ESP?
  Does anyone have any suitable openssl version macros for configure.in?

There will be a release of tcpdump and libpcap during IETF95 next month.

--
]     mcr () sandelman ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [