tcpdump mailing list archives

Support for "-T domain"

From: Noah <noah.robin () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 14:30:19 -0500

Greetings. I'm a long-time user of tcpdump, just joined this list; and know just enough C to be dangerous to myself and
others. :)

I've written a small patch against HEAD which adds support for decoding DNS traffic on nonstandard ports; useful for
those of us who run DNS serves behind VIPs, for instance. I haven't written any tests as yet, however there aren't any
DNS tests set up yet anyway. Happy to write some if that would speed the inclusion of the update. I've committed the
patch to my fork of tcpdump on github, run tests, etc.  How should I proceed from here, just issue the pull request?

Regards,
Noah