tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Official patches for CVE-2014-8767/CVE-2014-8768/CVE-2014-8769?

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 23:35:21 -0800

On Nov 23, 2014, at 11:16 PM, Michal Sekletar <msekleta () redhat com> wrote:

Yes, I spent good couple hours backporting those to older versions we have in
Fedora 19 and 20.

So did I. :-)

(See branches tcpdump_4.1 through tcpdump_4.6.)

I started to work on the patches ASAP and after submitting the first one
as Pull Request #413 I was told that patches actually do exist but the legacy
place where tcpdump/libpcap code lives was not synced to GitHub for days.

Or, rather, the place where the tcpdump/libpcap code lives.  It's not "legacy" until GitHub is made the Official Home.

(I'm fine with making it the Official Home if Michael chooses to do so.  I've managed to cope with the workflow changes
required when libpcap/tcpdump switched to Git, when Wireshark switched to Git, and when Wireshark switched to
Git+Gerrit, with the aid of some time spent with a porcelain kiln, so I can probably spend a little more time firing
the clay and glaze, if necessary, if libpcap/tcpdump switches to using GitHub. :-))