tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Problem with GitHub repos ?

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 01:29:42 -0700

On Apr 12, 2014, at 1:17 AM, Francois-Xavier Le Bail <fx.lebail () yahoo com> wrote:

are there update problems with the tcpdump & libpcap git repos ?

Many new branches and bad Travis runs.

Which new branches, and...

See the attachments ...

...which attachments?  (I don't know whether tcpdump-workers always rejects attachments or only sometimes rejects them,
but people have had problems with them.)

If the Travis errors that showed up a while ago in my mailbox are examples of the bad Travis runs, then the branches to
which they refer appear to reflect branches in the bpf.tcpdump.org repository, at least for tcpdump.  Those
repositories get pushed, in some fashion, to the GitHub repository (Nightly?  Periodically with some other period?
Automatically when changes get pushed to the bpf.tcpdump.org repository?  Other?); if that results in the GitHub
repositories having the same branches as the bpf.tcpdump.org repositories, that might explain the many new branches.