tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Problem with GitHub repos ?

From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail <fx.lebail () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 05:11:05 -0700 (PDT)

From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail <fx.lebail () yahoo com>

1) Are the branches marked "merged into master" (tcpdump: bare and
origin ; libpcap : bare and origin) still useful? Otherwise, they could be
deleted.

2)  For all branches, first question is : will new commits be pushed into this
branch ?
if no : no more Travis problems.

3) The other question is: is there a '.travis.yml' file in the branch ?
if no :
a) No correct builds.
b) We cannot use the 'except' keyword for blacklist branches, nor
'only' keyword for whitelist branches.

So remain branches which have to evolve and have no '.travis.yml':
a) We need to add a '.travis.yml' file in the branch.
b) If they must not be build by Travis, one of the two aformentioned keywords
could be used.

Same for new branches.

I forgot the case of branches which have to evolve, have the '.travis.yml' file and
must not be build by Travis : one of the two aformentioned keywords could be used.