tcpdump mailing list archives

tcpdump configure error with pcap_loop... no

From: Evgheni Antropov <aidjek () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 13:02:09 +0200

Hello I have try to compile tcpdump-4.5.1.tar.gz with libpcap-1.5.2.tar.gz
 and receive following error:

checking for pcap-config... /usr/local/bin/pcap-config
checking for pcap_loop... no
configure: error: Report this to tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org, and
include the
config.log file in your report.  If you have downloaded libpcap from
tcpdump.org, and built it yourself, please also include the config.log
file from the libpcap source directory, the Makefile from the libpcap
source directory, and the output of the make process for libpcap, as
this could be a problem with the libpcap that was built, and we will
not be able to determine why this is happening, and thus will not be
able to fix it, without that information, as we have not been able to
reproduce this problem ourselves.

Libpccap was compiled with options:
root@beagleboard:/mnt/dcu/tcpdump-4.5.1/build# cat
../../libpcap-1.5.2/build/CONFIGURE_libpcap-1.5.2
#!/bin/sh

export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib"
export CPPFLAGS="-DARM_FPU_NONE=1 -DNO_UNALIGNED_ACCESS"
export CFLAGS="-I/usr/include -msoft-float -mtp=soft -Os"

../configure --enable-ipv6

Tcpdump was compiled with options:
root@beagleboard:/mnt/dcu/tcpdump-4.5.1/build# cat CONFIGURE_tcpdump-4.5.1
#!/bin/sh

export CPPFLAGS="-DARM_FPU_NONE=1 -DNO_UNALIGNED_ACCESS"
export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib"
export CFLAGS="-I/usr/include -msoft-float -mtp=soft -Os"

../configure --prefix=/mnt/dcu/tcpdump-4.5.1/build/binaries \
--with-crypto \
--with-smi \
--enable-ipv6

Makefile and full process of the libpcap compile and config.log of tcpdump
compiling are attached.