tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [libpcap] fix typo on manpage install (#320)

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 09:44:04 -0400

Michal Sekletar <msekleta () redhat com> wrote:
    > But is this gonna work in the long run? If there are issues with build
    > system which are not possible to workaround and prevent us from using
    > new versions of

There is very little skew in what tcpdump needs from a system.
The question is really: do we need a newer autoconf?

We can support very old systems today, although some of them get little
testing.  Upgrading tcpdump from source code is on a really old system
(that can not be replaced...) in order to diagnose what went wrong is a
common occurance.

--
]     mcr () sandelman ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [