tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [libpcap] fix typo on manpage install (#320)

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 12:41:45 -0700

On Sep 23, 2013, at 11:45 AM, Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca> wrote:

But it means that anyone who checks out code from git is foobar if they can
not get the *correct* version of autoconf installed to generate the files.

So, if it's possible to do so, perhaps we should have a post-commit/post-push hook on bpf.tcpdump.org that will run
autoreconf any time configure.in or aclocal.m4 is changed and commit the result.

That way, what's on bpf.tcpdump.org will be generated by the autoconf version on bpf.tcpdump.org, so we control the
version of autoconf used to generate what goes into the tarball *and* what's used by people who check out from git (as
long as they don't change configure.in or aclocal.m4, but there's not that much we can do to help people who do change
them other than pointing them at the GNU project repository for autoconf).