tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump license and Nokia

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:30:35 -0500

"Chris" == Chris Maynard <Chris.Maynard () gtech com> writes:
    Chris> Tyson Key <tyson.key <at> gmail.com> writes:

    >> As far as I'm aware, TCPDump is released under the terms of the
    >> BSD Licence - meaning that Nokia haven't got any obligations
    >> regarding releasing their modifications; and whilst it's not the
    >> most reliable information source on the planet, Wikipedia seems
    >> to corroborate that thought.

    Chris> Thanks Tyson.  Yes, I see that now in the sources.  Still,
    Chris> might it be useful to mention the license somewhere on the
    Chris> web site?

I guess you are right:
  http://www.ca.tcpdump.org/license.html
(and a mirror near you tomorrow)

I'll try to convert the htdocs to a git tree to help people be able to
contribute to it easier.

--
] mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.