tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump license and Nokia

From: "David Laight" <David.Laight () ACULAB COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:02:26 -0000

Chris Maynard wrote:

Tyson Key <tyson.key <at> gmail.com> writes:

As far as I'm aware, TCPDump is released under the terms of the BSD
Licence
- meaning that Nokia haven't got any obligations regarding releasing
their
modifications; and whilst it's not the most reliable information
source on
the planet, Wikipedia seems to corroborate that thought.

Thanks Tyson.  Yes, I see that now in the sources.  Still,  might it
be useful to
mention the license somewhere on the web site?

The sources seem to contain a mix of zero, 2, 3 and 4
clause BSD licences from Berkley.
I thought Berkley had made a general statement that
some of those clauses (esp. the advertising one) could
be removed??

        David

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.