tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: twice past the taps, thence out to net?

From: "Wyborny, Carolyn" <carolyn.wyborny () intel com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 21:21:58 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: netdev-owner () vger kernel org [mailto:netdev-owner () vger kernel org]
On Behalf Of Eric Dumazet
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 11:45 AM
To: Rick Jones
Cc: Stephen Hemminger; Vijay Subramanian; tcpdump-
workers () lists tcpdump org; netdev () vger kernel org; Vick, Matthew;
Kirsher, Jeffrey T
Subject: Re: twice past the taps, thence out to net?

Le vendredi 16 décembre 2011 à 11:35 -0800, Rick Jones a écrit :

I would *love* to.  All my accessible igb-driven hardware is in an
environment locked to the kernels already there :(  Not that it makes
it
more possible for me to do it, but I suspect it does not require 30
receivers to reproduce the dups with netperf TCP_STREAM.  Particularly
if the tx queue len is at 256 it may only take 6 or 8. In fact let me
try that now...

Yep, with just 8 destinations/concurrent TCP_STREAM tests from the one
system one can still see the duplicates in the packet trace taken on
the
sender.

Perhaps we can trouble the Intel guys to try to reproduce what I've
seen?

I do have an igb card somewhere (in fact two dual ports), I'll do the
test myself !

Thanks

--
the body of a message to majordomo () vger kernel org

Let me know if I can do anything to assist.  Sorry to have overlooked this thread for a bit.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Carolyn Wyborny
Linux Development