tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: twice past the taps, thence out to net?

From: Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 20:44:49 +0100

Le vendredi 16 décembre 2011 à 11:35 -0800, Rick Jones a écrit :

I would *love* to.  All my accessible igb-driven hardware is in an
environment locked to the kernels already there :(  Not that it makes it
more possible for me to do it, but I suspect it does not require 30
receivers to reproduce the dups with netperf TCP_STREAM.  Particularly
if the tx queue len is at 256 it may only take 6 or 8. In fact let me
try that now...

Yep, with just 8 destinations/concurrent TCP_STREAM tests from the one
system one can still see the duplicates in the packet trace taken on the
sender.

Perhaps we can trouble the Intel guys to try to reproduce what I've seen?

I do have an igb card somewhere (in fact two dual ports), I'll do the
test myself !

Thanks

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.