tcpdump mailing list archives

libpcap and tc filters

From: Adam Katz <adamkatz0 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 00:38:30 +0300

Hi, all!

I'm trying to use tc to shape traffic sent using libpcap (actually
tcpreplay, which is based on libpcap). I'm doing this for a research
project.

i have a simple prio scheduler with a default band 2:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: prio priomap 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
2 2 2

with two filters attached to it:

tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1: prio 1 u32 match ip dport 80
0xffff flowid 1:1
tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1: prio 2 u32 match ip dport 443
0xffff flowid 1:2

(don't mind the port numbers, they're here just for the example)

When sending actual traffic, the filters work and I see the appropriate
traffic entering the right class. BUT when replaying captured traffic (with
the appropriate port numbers)  over eth0 using tcpreplay, all packets end up
in the default band 2 as if the filters simply refuse to work.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks!
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.